As the 7th largest post office in the state, Central Mail Services process all classes of incoming, interoffice, and outgoing mail for state agencies and departments and provides for the delivery and pick up of supplies and printing in the Capitol Complex area.
Services available at Central Mail Services:
- Mail is sorted and delivered to designated mail receptacles by 8:00 am for agencies to pick up.
- Supplies are picked up and delivered twice a day to designated mail rooms or departments.
- Central Duplicating orders are picked up and delivered to mail rooms or departments a minimum of two or a maximum of five times a day.
- Interoffice mail is picked up and delivered to mail rooms or departments a minimum of two or a maximum of six times a day.
- Outgoing mail is processed at the lowest applicable postage rate and in accordance with US Postal reclassification requirements.
- All qualifying mail is bar coded to receive faster mail service at the lowest possible cost.
- Agencies may use the smaller two page inserting equipment whenever it is available. No prior scheduling is required.
- Agencies may use the paper folder at 1320 E. Sioux Avenue.
- A complete mail processing service is available to agencies which can perform prior scheduling:
- Automatic inserting of eight pages of paper into a standard business envelope at a rate of 4,000 to 7,000 pieces per hour.
- A computer generated ink jet addressing machine is available for agencies to apply mailing addresses to envelopes.
- Stamps for agencies usage in the Pierre area are available.
- All expedited (Federal Express, United Parcel Service, or US Postal Service) is processed and billed through Central Mail Services.